Elise K. Sara
Elise K. Sara
Elise Sara’s principal area of practice is commercial litigation. She has litigated a wide range of business disputes, such as complex commercial, class action, technology disputes, business torts, construction, and banking matters. She has represented public and private corporations, government entities, developers, and non-profit institutions in a wide variety of civil disputes in federal and state court, as well as in arbitration.
Prior to joining Slater Law Group & Lieberman LLP, Elise worked as an associate in the Business Trial practice group of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP in San Francisco. During law school, she served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Justice Ming Chin of the California Supreme Court, as well as for the Honorable Judge Peter Busch of the California Superior Court, County of San Francisco.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2007, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of Southern California, 2004, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- California State Courts
- United States Court for the Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- San Francisco Chapter, Association of Business Trials Lawyers
- Represented world’s largest technology distributor Ingram Micro Inc. in binding arbitration brought by national speaker manufacturer demanding $30 million of damages for alleged breach of contract, trademark/trade dress infringement and copyright violations.
- Represented The Hertz Corporation in defense of a multi-million dollar class action litigation challenging recovery of airport concession recovery fees in federal court.
- Obtained directed verdict after federal court trial for client DBI Distributing in case concerning issues of first impression of the transfer of beer distributorship rights under California’s Brand Transfer Law, Business & Professions Code section 25000.2.
- Represented owners and corporate officers and directors in multi-million dollar fraud litigation in California State Court
- Represented general contractors in construction and contractual disputes with owners.
- Represented creditor and obtained entry of 1.4 million dollar judgment against insurer pursuant to Insurance Code 11580(b)(2) in federal court.